Sunday, February 05, 2023

my first trekking

Turning my face away from the picture of a baby-boomer hiker on the cover of a magazine I downloaded, I emotionally closed my eyes and let my mind flash back to a walking track in NSW, Australia. 
 
 
It happened a long time ago, over three decades, but I still could see my picture walking toward the cliff edge as clearly as focusing the sandy bottom through the glassy water in the creek. I recalled Frank's suggestion that I should have stayed in the youth hostel, socializing with people and sharing some outdoor activities. 
 
 
Yes, I believed him. I backpacked to stay overnights in the Gary Beach Hostel, a without-electricity shelter located on a little hill near the beach. No receptionist nor any roommate on service, I got to take care of myself as a lonely hosteller and enjoyed the beach with an unstoppable tune of waves.
 

After a few relaxing days, I picked up my backpack and started walking on a trekking track to Sydenham, one of the most enjoyable coastal walking tracks in NSW, Australia.

 

 

 
  

That was my first trekking.

No comments: