Tuesday, March 09, 2021

Ness handlebar

What a proud of my design and DIY jobs on Sahatsadeja, the one-last bicycle of mine, that should not be counted as a mouthful brag, isn't it? 

I unavoidably spent lots of time to study and weigh up before choosing any part compatible with the red-white Giant frameset.  First of all, about the handlebar, I should have picked the most suitable one for my uneasy-final-travel cycling.  Considerably it ain't a real waste if I throw my old drop-bar away and use it as a hat hanger. 


Indeed I don't want to hurt my bending back to death during a long journey before reaching my final destination.  So what kind of bike handlebar should be used instead, I wonder.


Ary Ashoor wrote in his interesting cycling blog that flat handlebars are the standard type of bars for most bikes. They are very popular among cross-country riders due to their versatility and simple, better for climbing, tight space, also lighter and cheaper. 


pics from citybicycleco.com - thanks!

For my white giant, if a flat handlebar selected then what size of the stem should be used with? What degree of the stem and which brand should be purchased?  I do realise that good stems are not cheap at all.

Please don't ask me more about the stem, I eventually opted for a new Ness integrated carbon handlebar which came in desired colours.

 
 
 
 

 
Ness means "being in good condition, quality and degree". I do not doubt for sure.

No comments: